Today we’re introducing VR casting, a new way to send VR video directly to multiple headsets.
It’s never been easier to initiate and control playback of experiences from SPIN Studio on VR devices. With the simple “pair-and-share” feature, creators can securely deliver up to 8K resolution content to viewers around the world.
Just Press Play
Until now, distributing VR content to headsets meant hours of tedious app development or awkward sideloading. Because most VR players don’t support over 4K resolution, the content would appear soft and pixelated. These frustrating obstacles of accessibility and quality have held creators back for long enough!
SPIN Studio VR casting changes everything. You can now show your best work in full resolution with a single click, no coding required.
Customize Stunning Galleries
Streamline Device Management
Reach Audiences Anywhere
The Story Behind VR Casting
After discovering there was no solution for controlled playback of VR videos on multiple headsets, we started building this feature for our Series A fundraising pitch video. Our challenge was to synchronize a corporate presentation of the VR pitch for up to thirty viewers in 8K resolution.
When we tried the feature for the first time, we knew it was a turning point for the ecosystem. We chose the term “VR casting” because we believe this mode of showing immersive video will become as ubiquitous as TV broadcasts, podcasts, and video streaming technologies like Chromecast.
Designed to help every creator who has struggled with developing a custom app or sideloading content onto a device, VR casting is a foundational feature of SPIN Studio.
“VR Casting is a gamechanger for the industry and will be widely adopted across all types of storytelling scenarios — from events like film festivals, to product and sports training, to business presentations, and sales pitches. SPIN Studio offers intuitive features that put the presenter back in control of the streaming experience, delivering immersive experiences to audiences, no matter the location.”
-Matt Silverman, Executive Creative Director at Swordfish
Where To VR Cast
VR casting is for everyone who shows 360/VR video: filmmakers, production companies, agencies, businesses, enterprises, festivals, brands, and more.
Some ideas of where to start casting:
- Share media with clients for review
- Pitch concepts and projects in VR
- Present VR tours of real estate, hotels, architecture, and design
- Showcase VR at events, retail experiences, and brand pop-ups
- Conduct VR training for HR, safety, product, sales, and healthcare
- Manage and deploy content to location-based events (LBEs)
- Program an entire film festival
- Show demos at tradeshows, VR labs, workshops, and educational programs
Learn How to Cast
Try VR casting for free! All you need is SPIN Studio, the SPIN Play app, and a headset.
- Sign up for SPIN Studio
- Upload and render VR masters fast in the cloud
- Create a SPIN playlist with one or more videos
- Download SPIN Play (available on Steam for Rift, Vive and Windows MR devices; Oculus for Gear VR; and Google Play for Daydream)
- Pair devices with SPIN Studio
- Cast SPIN
Don’t have any content video yet? You can still try casting with the demo assets we loaded into your SPIN Studio account.